Karius is a venture-backed life science startup that is transforming the way pathogens and other microbes are observed throughout the body. By unlocking the information present in microbial cell-free DNA, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, providing industry partners with access to the microbial landscape to accelerate biomarker discovery and clinical trials, discover novel microbes, to ultimately reduce patient suffering worldwide.
In this exciting position the Project Manager works with a team and key stakeholders to achieve the key project goals and major objectives. The Project Manager is expected to maintain focus and provide clear direction to team members, to be the champion for the project, and to be clear about the program’s priority in the portfolio.
Why Should You Join Us?
Karius aims to conquer infectious diseases through innovations around genomic sequencing and machine learning. The company’s platform is already delivering unprecedented insights into the microbial landscape, providing clinicians with a comprehensive test capable of identifying more than a thousand pathogens directly from blood, and helping industry accelerate the development of therapeutic solutions. The Karius test we provide today is one of the most advanced solutions available to physicians who aim to deliver better care to many otherwise ineffectively treated patients. Our test is the result of some incredible work done by our scientists, statisticians, engineers, and physicians, all driven by the same mission. You, as part of the Karius team, will be able to see how directly your work has a life-changing impact on people, and at scale.
Reports to: Vice President of Business Development
Location: Redwood City, CA
• The Project Manager will clarify the roles and responsibilities of team members to achieve project goals.
• Actively solicits input from team members and key stakeholders.
• Understand the scientific rationale and technical issues associated with the project goal, with the clinical and market drivers, and with the processes and progression criteria associated with the stage of Discovery or Development.
• Responsible for developing a project plan that works to achieve progression criteria using sound scientific processes in the shortest amount of time with the least cost.
• Challenges work that is not directly related to the critical path.
• Ensures that the plan is re-evaluated, adjusted and re-negotiated at regular intervals, or when internal data or external information suggests that the timeline may slip or certain objectives may not be met.
• Interacts directly with line managers to ensure resources are available when needed, and to negotiate amendments to the project plan especially those that change deliverable completion dates.
• Responsible for organizing, facilitating and ensuring follow-up action on issues raised in the meeting.
• Keeps team members and stakeholders informed of key developments, program decisions, issues, and changes to the project and the project plan.
• Fulfills obligations to external alliance partners.
What’s Fun About the Job?
Karius is operating at the edge of what is now known to be possible in infectious disease diagnostics. With that, comes a wave of new and incredible challenges and opportunities. To deliver on that value, you will be tapping into some of the most advanced technologies, architecting and innovating where the current solutions simply don't suffice. You will get to see how much your work really matters.
Travel: No travel required.
Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is generally performed in an office, lab or clinical environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a clinical or health related field; advanced degree preferred.
• 2+ years experience in Project Leadership/Management within a CRO, Biotech or Pharma company.
• Experience with project scheduling, managing resources and budgets and coordinating team activities.
• Understanding of the full clinical development process through regulatory submissions.
• Work with flexibility, problem-solving capabilities, and strategic vision.
• Be detail-oriented with superior interpersonal and organizational skills.
At Karius, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and are committed to honor and invest in the full diversity of people, in our hiring, recruiting and development of employees across the Company. All qualified applicants for employment are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we will accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.