Adicet Bio, Inc. is a biotechnology company discovering and developing allogeneic gamma delta T cell therapies for cancer and other diseases. Adicet is advancing a pipeline of “off-the-shelf” gamma delta T cells, engineered with chimeric antigen receptors and T cell receptor-like antibodies to enhance selective tumor targeting, facilitate innate and adaptive anti-tumor immune response, and improve persistence for durable activity in patients. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.adicetbio.com.
The Accounting Manager is an integral part of a growing accounting team and will own the accounting related to R&D as well as certain areas within general accounting. This position reports directly to the VP,Controller, but will partner extensively with the CMO operations, Clinical Operations and other R&D teams. We are seeking an individual who is articulate, professional, has strong attention to detail and is hands on, enjoys wearing multiple hats and working in a fast-paced and growing organization. In addition, this person needs to be agile and be able to adjust to changing environments as new processes are being implemented.
- Accurately estimate and accrue CMO and CRO fees and services by working closely with the CMO operations and Clinical Operations teams, contract research organizations (CROs) and other related vendors, to understand contractual terms and incurred activities. Develop clinical trials accrual model to track patient accruals, investigator grants and other payments due to sites.
- Liaise between Finance and Operations and Clinical regarding the periodic activity under review and provide guidance on proper determination of U.S. GAAP expense recognition, accrual accuracy and disclosures
- Ensure accurate month-end close accruals for other research and development
- Maintain revenue model in accordance with ASC 606
- Assist with purchase order administration and vendor management in ERP
- Track CIP expenditures to be reimbursed by landlord related to construction of new facility. Ensure these expenditures are recorded in accordance with ASC 842
- Support expense forecasting and budget planning for Company.
- Support and provide flash reporting of monthly actuals as well as budget vs actual reporting
- Support the completion of financial statement fluctuation analysis to summarize financial results for company
- General ledger account reconciliation preparation, review, and follow-up on open items, including bank reconciliations
- Assist with implementation of valuation module in Equity Edge Online. Reconcile manual Stock Based comp expense spreadsheets to Equity Edge Online calculations
- Support interim and year end audit process (internal and external)
- Identify opportunities to reduce the accounting close process, implement new processes and/or enhance existing procedures and opportunities to improve the utilization of our financial system tools
- Prepare and/or update standard operating procedures for assigned areas
- Perform other ad hoc projects as assigned
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in R&D-related accounting and clinical trial accounting in the biotechnology/pharmaceuticals industry
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Experience with Dynamics Business Central and Jet Reporting a plus
- An aptitude for learning and managing ERP data structures and reporting capabilities
- Superior analytical and modeling skills including advanced proficiency in Excel and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports
- Strong work ethic including sound judgement, outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Results and goal-oriented mindset with an opportunistic eye towards process improvements
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work. Have the agility to adjust quickly to new priorities
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.