Our global community is at the forefront of biology and technology and is dedicated to transform healthcare and help people live healthier, better lives. Join us!
Satellite Biosciences is pioneering the development and implementation of proprietary, off-the-shelf, implantable satellite organs as living therapeutic solutions that can transform the lives of millions of patients who suffer from serious diseases. Building on 25 years of work in award-winning labs at top academic institutions, the platform is supported by a strong IP portfolio and is backed by a top tier syndicate, led by Polaris Partners, Lightspeed Ventures, and aMoon.
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and motivated Scientist / Senior Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will contribute to the company’s platform technology of engineered satellite organs. Specifically, you will play a lead role on our cross-functional team characterizing and engineering the host response to our satellite implants. You will provide immunology expertise and collaborate on a multi-disciplinary team including tissue engineers, cell, molecular, and synthetic biologists, and in vivo specialists.
This role is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, well-funded Biotech startup. You will initially report directly to the Chief Technology Officer. This position is full-time with laboratory time being on-site at our facilities located in Cambridge, MA.
● Design and execute studies to functionally characterize host immune response.
● Design, develop, and perform in vitro cellular assays to assess innate and adaptive immune responses including cytotoxicity, proliferation, cytokine production, multi-parameter immuno-phenotyping, and NGS analyses.
● Isolate, culture, and characterize various immune cells across multiple species and animal models.
● Serve as an immunology subject matter expert in animal studies on a cross-disciplinary team.
● Plan, direct, and execute work across projects according to project timelines and goals.
● Develop protocols, work instructions, test methods, and draft and review technical reports.
● Design, direct, and execute experiments and report results to the leadership team.
● Play a lead role in regular internal project meetings and data reviews.
● Maintain a clear, detailed documentation of all experiments and findings.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
● PhD in Immunology or related discipline with deep knowledge of transplant immunology.
● Industry experience preferred but not required for Scientist.
● 3+ yrs industry experience required for Senior Scientist.
● Expertise in adaptive and innate immune responses is required.
● Thorough knowledge and expertise in immune cell biology and assays to characterize immune cell functions.
● Proficiency in primary cell culture and cell-based assay development is required.
● Demonstrated expertise in isolating and characterizing immune cells.
● High level of expertise in various immunology assays such as immunophenotyping, phagocytosis assays, cytokine release assays, antigen presentation assays, proliferation assays, cytotoxicity assays, and multi-color flow cytometry.
● Familiarity with immunosuppression regimens and animal models of allo- and xeno- transplantation a plus.
● Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required.
● The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, have a strong work ethic, be able to generate high quality work under tight deadlines, and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.