We are looking to hire an experienced Field Applications Specialist to join our growing Service and Support team. At Seer, we are passionate about empowering our customers to expand scientific discoveries and achieve exceptional scientific outcomes. We believe the next frontier in biology is enabled through a clearer and more complete view of the proteome – something that Seer can uniquely deliver. As we build our team, we are looking for collaborative, driven, intellectually curious people who are committed to solving complex challenges and enabling our customers to be successful. Our culture rewards accountability, cross-functional teamwork, and a customer-orientated approach. We believe this enables the kind of breakthrough thinking that will accelerate our mission.
The Role & The Team
The primary focus of the Service and Support team is to delight our customers, make them successful, and drive market adoption of our Proteograph™ products. Reporting to the Head of Service and Support, we are seeking an exceptional Field Applications Specialist to join our growing commercial team. This individual will be a key hire in laying the groundwork for a best-in-class service and support team and leaving their mark on our culture and behaviors for years to come.
The Field Applications Specialist will be part of a team whose goal is to provide a customer experience unparalleled in the life science industry. The ideal candidates will have a track record of accomplishments in academia and in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. Candidates must have a strong entrepreneurial orientation and an industrious attitude for accomplishing what needs to get done. Areas of specific responsibility and attention for this role include:
- Support the development of a Service and Support organization that is structured for growth, global operational excellence, and customer and employee success.
- Become an expert in our technology, understand the competitive landscape, and be able to articulate Seer’s value proposition.
- Actively take part in the customer life cycle from partnering with sales on prospecting to coordinating and performing customer site trainings to troubleshooting issues to reporting the voice of the customer back to internal groups.
- Help customers conduct novel proteomics experiments at scale and speed and maximizing their success by assisting with experimental design, implementation, analysis, and interpretation of the results.
- Deliver outstanding pre-sales presentations, post-sales training, and educate customers and prospects on the use of our technology.
- Foster a positive and supportive working relationship with customers. Help manage their expectations and gain their trust.
- Identify, document, and communicate customer experience feedback, product requirements, market trends, and business intelligence to internal stakeholders.
- Build, engage, and leverage a network of early access and KOL customers to drive the awareness and reputation of our platform and deepen customer relationships with key scientific leaders.
- Develop and deliver materials for customer-facing activities like support processes for installs, training, and knowledge management.
- Develop strong interdepartmental collaborations with Marketing, Sales, Product Development, and Automation to ensure the voice of customers is heard and escalations are resolved with urgency.
Background and Qualifications:
- B.S./M.S. or Ph.D. (preferred) in a life science discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years lab experience in proteomics, mass spectrometry, molecular biology, biochemistry, or genomics.
- 2+ years of experience supporting customers in a commercial environment preferred.
- Required to be fluent in spoken and written English. Multiple language skills are preferred.
- Hands-on experience with common biochemistry, molecular biology, and data analysis techniques (LC-MS/MS and proteomics preferred).
- Experience in experimental design, interpretation, troubleshooting, and optimization. Ability to develop solutions to complex problems that require innovation and collaboration.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with demonstrated success in delivering presentations and trainings.
- Aptitude for understanding, communicating, and training on scientific concepts, applications, and methods.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
- Ability to handle the dynamic, fast-paced, and multi-tasking environment of a rapidly growing biotech company.
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals.
- Must work well in a small team setting with the ability to work independently and collaboratively while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to travel locally and internationally up to 80%. Ability to manage a large territory.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not an exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.