Viracta Therapeutics is private biotechnology company committed to advancing new medicines to benefit patients with viral-associated cancers and other serious diseases. Viracta’s proprietary platform is a highly targeted combination therapy approach for virus-associated malignancies. Our initial focus is on cancers associated with the Epstein Barr Virus (EBV). We will also expand into additional applications to utilize this approach for a range of cancers and virus-associated diseases.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Business Development & Corporate Strategy, to join our experienced team in Cardiff, CA. The Vice President, Business Development & Corporate Strategy, will lead Viracta’s corporate strategic planning process for both short and long-term objectives, establish and execute on a disciplined and focused search and evaluation strategy, manage and facilitate all outbound strategic and business development interactions, manage early and pre-launch commercial planning, and development of financial valuation models. The position includes identification, pursuit, and assisting in the management of potential merger and acquisition opportunities, partnerships, alliances, joint ventures, and licensing agreements.
- Lead and manage a cross-functional team to develop and evolve Viracta Therapeutics’ strategic plan (including the strategic program life cycle management, business development plan, etc) and partner closely with the Company’s Executive leadership team to implement strategy.
- Lead cross-functional teams to identify, evaluate, and diligence in/out licensing opportunities, strategic alliance/partnerships, collaborations and potential mergers/acquisitions.
- Develop strong external relationships with counterparts, author Term Sheets, develop and lead presentations and meetings with prospective partners, analyze and provide recommendations concerning all contemplated transactions, negotiate and execute all Board-approved transactions.
- Plan, conduct and internally communicate early and pre-launch commercial planning activities appropriate to program/product stage of development, including competitive intelligence, therapeutic indication prioritization, development of product target product profiles, and primary and secondary market research.
- Utilize new product planning to provide researched recommendations on therapeutic drug programs from preclinical through clinical stages.
- Utilizing data from above categories, build robust financial models for individual programs and the Viracta Therapeutics’ portfolio as a whole, including risk analysis.
- Utilize valuation models to develop terms, inform business development negotiations and provide guidance to executive management on appropriate investment levels to optimize business development and market outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in biological sciences with advanced degree desirable. A combination of relevant education and applicable job experience may be considered.
- 10+ years previous experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical company or strategic consulting firm.
- Oncology experience is highly desirable.
- A proven track record of successfully negotiating and closing a variety of corporate transactions and business agreements, such as strategic alliances, M&A transactions, and licensing agreements; established and active business/corporate development relationships/contacts within pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to identify potential new opportunities through a strong knowledge of market and competitive environments.
- A thorough understanding of the process of due diligence and asset valuation combined with a scientific and business acumen.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to get to the right level of granularity to balance speed of execution and facilitate optimal decision-making by executive management.
- Skilled at negotiating with business partners or management and influencing senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Strong understanding of key functions and their roles throughout stages of drug development.
- Experience managing external collaborations or relationships.
- Superior quantitative, analytic, research and financial modeling skills along with the ability to translate analyses into sound strategic recommendations.
- Ability to work in a results-oriented, project-driven, real-time team environment, prioritize projects and deliver quality results within tight time constraints.
Viracta Therapeutics offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including equity incentives. To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. No recruiters please.