Our global community is at the forefront of biology and technology and is dedicated to transform healthcare and help people live healthier, better lives. Join us!
Satellite Biosciences is pioneering the development and implementation of proprietary, off-the-shelf, implantable satellite organs as living therapeutic solutions that can transform the lives of millions of patients who suffer from serious diseases. Building on 25 years of work in award-winning labs at top academic institutions, the platform is supported by a strong IP portfolio and is backed by a top tier syndicate, led by Polaris Partners, Lightspeed Ventures, and aMoon.
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and motivated Associate Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. In this role you will contribute to the company’s platform technology of engineered satellite organs. Specifically, you will be part of our cross-functional team developing and implementing assays for both in vitro and in vivo biomarkers and sample types. You will develop, optimize and carry out in vitro assays and interface with cell biology, process development and in vivo study team members.
This role is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, well-funded Biotech startup. This position is full-time with laboratory time being on-site at our facilities located in Cambridge, MA.
● Develop, optimize, and execute cell, protein, nucleic acid, metabolite, and activity-based assays.
● Work with a range of sample types including cell culture media, biofluids, and harvested tissue from small and large animals.
● Perform in vitro functional, flow and histopathology assays on cells, grafts, and samples
● Develop novel immunogenicity assays
● Maintain materials, standards, reagents, and assay materials inventories.
● Draft and maintain standard operating procedures for analytical methods.
● Interface with external suppliers and vendors.
● Document, compile, and report on data collected from studies.
● Participate in regular internal project meetings and data reviews.
● Maintain a clear, detailed electronic laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in biology, molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or a relevant biological science discipline with at least 2 years of laboratory experience. Industry experience is required.
● Demonstrated expertise in protein biomarker assays including ELISA, Luminex, immunostaining, flow cytometry, and gene expression assays such as qPCR and RNA-Seq.
● Familiarity with common analytical techniques used in assay development.
● Experience with one or more of the following a plus: analytical methods (e.g. HPLC, MS, etc), histology, or next-generation sequencing.
● Experience with mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques.
● Possesses documentation skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent data analysis, communication, presentation, collaboration, time-management, and organizational skills are required.
● The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, have a strong work ethic, be able to generate high quality work under tight deadlines, and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
Please submit your resume (.pdf format)