Our global community is at the forefront of biology and technology and is dedicated to transform healthcare and help people live healthier, better lives. Join us!
Satellite Biosciences is pioneering the development and implementation of proprietary, off-the-shelf, implantable satellite organs as living therapeutic solutions that can transform the lives of millions of patients who suffer from serious diseases. Building on 25 years of work in award-winning labs at top academic institutions, the platform is supported by a strong IP portfolio and is backed by a top tier syndicate, led by Polaris Partners.
We are seeking an experienced, creative, and motivated Scientist to join our rapidly growing team. In this role, you will contribute to the company’s platform technology of engineered satellite organs. Specifically, you will be part of our cross-functional R&D team developing and testing vascular architectures for our implantable grafts.
This role is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage, well-funded Biotech startup. You will initially report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and be responsible for completing and advising the vascular biology aspects of our in vivo programs. This position is full-time with laboratory time being on-site at our facilities located in Cambridge, MA.
● Design and develop fabrication methodologies as well as protocols for characterization in vascularization of implantable grafts.
● Fabricate and conduct in vitro and in vivo characterization of vascular networks.
● Optimize co-culture of vascular cells with parenchymal cells for in vivo integration, function and persistence.
● Plan, direct, and execute tasks across projects according to project timelines and goals.
● Develop protocols, work instructions, test methods, and draft and review technical reports.
● Play a lead role in regular internal project meetings and data reviews.
● Maintain a clear, detailed documentation of all experiments and findings.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
● PhD in Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or similar field, with 3-5 years industry experience.
● Comprehensive knowledge of vascular biology in tissue engineering as demonstrated by in vivo studies of angiogenesis, vasculogenesis, or ischemia
● Materials science expertise with demonstrated understanding of vasculogenic and angiogenic hydrogels
● Working knowledge of various in vitro and in silico techniques for endothelial cell characterization
● Thorough understanding of differences between various tissue-specific endothelial cells
● Expertise with in vivo animal studies including implantation or bypass grafting techniques, and hemodynamic measurements is required
● Experience with large animal studies a plus
● Excellent data and statistical analysis skills
● Track record of staying up to date with the latest developments in the field.
● Demonstrated problem solving, experimental design, and scientific writing skills; can document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail.
● Comfortable in a fast-paced team and able to adjust workload and responsibilities based on changing priorities
● The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter, have a strong work ethic, be able to generate high quality work under tight deadlines, and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment.
Please submit your resume (.pdf format)