A new stealth startup developing an innovative new approach to disease biomarker discovery is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Data Scientist to lead the field of data science and big-data analytics in the company. The head of data science and his team will be in charge of the analytical capacities of the company.
● Integration of clinical data with molecular information through state of the art infrastructure.
● Development of diagnostic methods and risk stratification for diseases using machine learning.
● Curation of a large database that includes received medical data and in-house analytical data.
● Gradually build and manage a group of data scientists/software developers.
● Designing new tools to capture data sets, optimizing for traceability and ease of access.
● Staying current with best practices and internally promote new techniques/ideas.
● Work closely with the metabolomics analytical group for interpretation of data and biomarker identification.
● M.Sc/PhD in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Mathematics
● Experience in machine learning and big data infrastructure and databases (over 5 years)
● Experience in analyzing clinical data / medical files through common EHR data types
● Self-learner – Ability to learn new ML concepts and technologies and apply them
● Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases.
● Prior work with building database infrastructure from scratch.
● Proficient in SQL, Python, and other scripting languages.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
● Experience working in a regulated environment with documentation requirements
● Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail
● Experience in leading a research and development team - Advantage