Seer is building a world-class team of experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of the field to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
You will join the Materials Technology & Operations teams focused on developing and implementing a nanotechnology product that enables a new to the world capability to understand the proteome. The team is composed of scientists and engineers doing novel research and development, which, when combined with efforts in Assay, Mass Spectrometry, and Data Science across the company create our core technology. In your capacity as a Sr. Lab Development Operations Engineer, reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will work with Research, Engineering, Assay, Data Science, and IT to set a vision for and create an elegant and effective technical development enterprise.
To create this enterprise you will build and sustain effective Facilities, EH&S, Lab operations instrumentation & automation, LIMs databases, data analysis scripts, and workflows. Information is the lifeblood of a technology development company and this role will be a key facilitator of its creation and availability.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Process development and production line instrumentation and automation.
- Operations relational database design, build, and evolution.
- Operations analytics creation including dashboards and control charts.
- Research analytics creation including flexible scripts for general consumption.
- Facility and utility development and sustenance.
- EH&S systems and workflows in collaboration with consultants and EH&S team.
- A portion of the broader company IT infrastructure.
Background & Qualifications
Key requirements include:
- Bachelors+ in science or engineering with 8+ years experience in technical operations.
- Notable successes building information and mechanical systems.
- Understanding of the physics of building utilities and materials synthesis.
- Knowledge of cGXPs , ISO 13845, or similar for lab development and materials manufacturing.
- Demonstrated ability to instrument and automate process tools.
- Ability to create clear and effective lab operations database architecture.
- Flexible capability to create code connectivity between field instrument and user interfaces whether in R, Python, JSL, C#, .NET, or other.
- Strong work ethic with persistence in achieving objectives.
- Successfully lead multi-stakeholder technical projects with precise & organized communication.
- Excel in a collaborative team setting, with the ability self-direct and also solve problems alone.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Be able to operate a computer & equipment as well as move and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Wear protective equipment including a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.