Zebra has peta-scale of rich medical data - including images, as well as many other types of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. These data assets fuel Zebra’s game changing algorithmic products, and hence are the company’s most treasured asset.
We are looking for a senior, outstanding Senior Data Analyst, who will take ownership of this data - from exploring, understanding, documenting and ensuring its quality, mapping it into useful data model, and helping our algorithms learn from it - as well as developing insights in the data which can be the basis of new medical research or commercial products.
You’ll be working with some of the best algorithm researchers, data engineers and medical doctors in a very multi-disciplinary environment which offers endless learning and growth opportunities - from learning how to code in a new language and using new types of databases.
- Research different data assets, understand their value, distribution and quality (structures, semi structured and unstructured).
- Own data quality - from detecting issues to fixing those which can be fixed automatically using scripts and other tools
- Develop the internal logical data model, and co-write the code which populates the data model from raw data.
- Build the training data sets on which our algorithm will train, based on a thorough understanding of the medical phenomenons in questions, as well as how algorithms learn from examples
- Analyze the effectiveness of our algorithms, visualize their results, detect blind spots using statistical/heuristics.
- At least BSc / BA in the areas of Computer Science, Industrial Engineering / Statistics / Mathematics
- 3+ years experience researching, querying, cleaning, and visualizing large, complex datasets containing unstructured data
- Background in bio-informatics, bio-engineering, biology or the medical field - very strong advantage
- Highly skilled in SQL
- Python or other scripting languages
- Good grasp of the field of statistics
- Highly skilled in at least one visualization/BI tool - qlikview, sisense, etc.
- Experience with No-SQL databases (mongoDB, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, spark)
- Deep passion for working with data as well as people