Seer is building a world-class team of formulations experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of the field to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Associate Director of Formulations, we are seeking an exceptional Analytical Chemistry Scientist to join our Formulations & Nanotechnology team based in our Redwood City office. This role is part of a team focused on nanoparticle/nanomaterials synthesis, characterization, and assay development. This role requires analytical characterization skills including particle characterization, solid state analytical chemistry, and a general knowledge of proteomics. Additionally, a unique feature of this role is to assist with the characterization of nano-biohybrid materials and nanoparticle conjugates.
The successful candidate is expected to have a background in analytical chemistry with 3+ years of industry experience in physicochemical characterization of samples, preferably with complex formulations or particles. This role is based on-site in our Redwood City office.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Manage lab activities for characterizing R&D supplies of nanoparticle and other biosensor samples
- Develop new methods for bio-materials characterization and assay development
- Maintain and operate laboratory equipment and scientific instrumentation, including advanced analytical equipment
- Assist in conducting the design, development, and implementation of physicochemical characterization techniques to support the core platform technology, with specific emphasis on particle characterization and their relationship to their performance in biochemical assays
- Oversee the technology transfer and outsourcing of particle characterization assays to third party contract organizations
- Organize, evaluate, and communicate data in an effective and scientific manner
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Formulations Scientist ideally has a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry, ideally focused on physicochemical characterization of solid-state materials. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- A MS or PhD in chemistry, materials science, biochemistry or molecular biology
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory terminology, good documentation, and good laboratory practices
- Biomaterials and bioconjugate characterization and assay development
- Experience working with contract research organizations and outsourcing analytical assays
- Understanding of of ELISA, gel electrophoresis, fluorescence labeling, PCR
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills