Seer is building a world-class team of data experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of data engineering, data science, and software engineering to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Seer is seeking Senior Software Engineers to design and build the Seer’s customer analytical product. The Senior Software Engineers will design and build the solution meeting customer requirements. The ideal candidates will have significant relevant software engineering experience and a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. This role requires a strong entrepreneurial orientation, highly developed team skills and a burning desire to learn & grow. The successful candidate is expected to have a background in engineering, computer science or bioinformatics with at least 5 years industry experience. Direct experience with proteomics is highly advantageous but not required. Ideally the candidate has experience within both larger and smaller pharma, diagnostics, or life sciences companies.
This role will be based on-site in Redwood City (Redwood Shores).
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- The design, build and support of Seer’s software products for customers
- Document design and implementation as necessary using documents and code comments
- Implement solution abiding by company engineering standards
- Interact with Product Management team to understand customer requirements.
- Interact with Data Science team to understand current best practices for the analysis of proteomic data, especially as it pertains to data generated by our platform.
- Stay current with software and data engineering best practices and internally promote new techniques/ideas
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Senior Software Engineer must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience in building scalable software products in a cloud environment. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in relevant discipline such as engineering, computer science or bioinformatics. Further graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience. Biotech start-up experience preferred.
- Good understanding of web based UI design principles.
- Experience designing visually appealing web based UI/UX solutions.
- Extensive experience in developer tools and software development lifecycle (frameworks, CI/CD, git, package management, deployment tooling).
- Solid understanding of Restful APIs and strong experience with JSON.
- Expert knowledge and extensive experience with Angular 7/8 framework and Typescript features.
- Experience with Jasmine framework.
- Experience optimizing web applications for speed and scalability.
- Experience building reusable UI components and libraries.
- Practiced at applying Agile development methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication.
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals.
- Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail.
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.