Seer is building a world-class team of nanotechnology experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of proteomics to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Associate Director of Process Development, we are seeking an exceptional Research Associate to join our team based in our Redwood City office. This role is well suited for the individual that is eager to have hands-on opportunities to learn a variety of materials synthesis strategies while directly contributing to the success of our fast-paced team.
Seer’s new Process Development Research Associate will be responsible for fundamental laboratory organization activities, including inventory, stocking, and the cleaning of laboratory glassware, but will also assisting in the manufacture and characterization of nanomaterials. The ideal candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in chemistry or materials science.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
• Laboratory organization: stocking, inventory, and cleaning of laboratory glassware
• Support our characterization efforts and execute standard characterization protocols (DLS, XPS, TEM)
• Assist with materials synthesis, set up reactions, and purify synthesized materials
• Implement standard operating procedures for current materials
• Effectively present data internally to other Seer scientists and technologists
• Reliably execute standard SOPs
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Research Associate must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in a chemistry or analytical laboratory setting. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and a commitment the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
• A BS or MS in chemistry, materials science, or related field
• Experience with standard nanomaterials characterization preferred (i.e. TEM, XPS, DLS, FTIR)
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in timely and cross-functional communication
• Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
• Must work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.