Senior Software Engineer (Full-Stack/Backend) at Karius
Redwood City, CA, US
- Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,000 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turnaround time in one business day. By unlocking the information present in microbial cell-free DNA, we’re helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
As a Senior Software Engineer You will design, develop, test and deploy full-stack solutions in a cloud environment, partnering with the scientific, analytical, medical, and commercial teams, and drive opportunities through the full product life-cycle, from identifying the need to delivering on value. You will be tapping into some of the most advanced technologies, architecting and innovating where the current solutions simply don't suffice. You will get to see how much your work really matters.
Reports to: CTO
Location: Redwood City, CA
- Design, develop, test and deploy full-stack solutions in a cloud environment.
- Partner with the scientific, analytical, medical, and commercial teams to take value through the full product life-cycle, from identifying need to delivering on value.
- Further innovate around accelerating value creation via R&D and streamlining operation.
- Help further advance and develop a culture of highly efficient team.
- Involved in growing the team through mentorship and recruiting.
- Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or related).
- 4+ years industry experience, at a leading software-first company.
- Full-stack experience, including Scala in the backend. Meaningful Java or C# experience will be considered in case limited Scala experience.
- 2+ years designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining multi-service architectures.
- 2+ years of AWS or GCP experience.
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience preferred.
- Contributions to the open-source community a plus.
- Passionate, purpose-driven, and excited about Karius’ mission.
- Mastered your craft yet eager to learn and grow.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems.
- Ability to work independently but also be an excellent team player.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced (startup) environment.