Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) at Karius
Redwood City, CA, US
- As a Senior Software Engineer You will design, develop, test and deploy front-end solutions in a cloud environment, partnering with the scientific, analytical, medical, and commercial teams, and drive opportunities through the full product life-cycle, from identifying the need to delivering on value. You will be tapping into some of the most advanced technologies, architecting and innovating where the current solutions simply don't suffice. You will get to see how much your work really matters.
Reports to: CTO
Location: Redwood City, CA
- Guide product features throughout the execution cycle with a focus on solutions for both software and design, working at the interface with both internal and external clients.
- Drive user experience and create elegant and inspiring web and mobile user interfaces and layouts.
- Lead requirements and specification gathering on enhancing our innovative online products.
- Partner with the scientific, analytical, medical, and commercial teams to take value through the full product life-cycle, from identifying need to delivering impact.
- Drive quality of deliverables, from defining testing scenarios to implementing improved quality assurance and control processes and technologies.
- Ensure that both external customers and internal stakeholders receive proper communication about product launches, functionality, and issues.
- Troubleshoot and fix reported customer issues.
- Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or related).
- 4+ years industry experience, at a leading software-first company.
- At least 3 years experience with advanced web development, including proficiency in modern technologies such as React, Typescript, and GraphQL.
- 2+ years designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining multi-service architectures.
- 2+ years of AWS or GCP experience.
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience preferred.
- Contributions to the open-source community a plus.
- Passionate, purpose-driven, and excited about Karius’ mission.
- Mastered your craft yet eager to learn and grow.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems.
- Ability to work independently but also be an excellent team player.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced (startup) environment.