Regional Sales Director (RSD) - Northeast at Karius
United States of America
- Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,000 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turnaround time in one business day. By unlocking the information present in microbial cell-free DNA, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
This represents an incredible opportunity to join a new life sciences company poised to revolutionize the Infectious Disease diagnostics market. We are expanding the launch of our proprietary, Next-Generation Sequencing test in hospitals and health systems across the U.S. Joining Karius on the ground floor of our commercialization effort will both accelerate your career and advance our vision to see a world where infectious disease is no longer a major threat to human health.
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for managing and directing a team of Clinical Account Managers (CAMs) in the Northeast Region to grow the Karius Test volume and revenue to achieve financial objectives. The Regional Sales Director leads and motivates the field sales team to execute sales strategies, supports key initiatives, develops and executes territory plans and monitors performance. As a member of the Sales Leadership Team, the Regional Sales Director is also responsible for implementing business strategies, providing customer feedback and satisfaction relative to sales activities. This is an exciting time to lead the company’s first of four regions.
- Provide input to senior leadership and sales operations in the development and administration of regional forecasts, market potential, and sales incentive compensation and awards programs.
- Actively participate on the Sales leadership team to contribute to both the short- and long-term Commercial strategy.
- Hire, lead, manage, and direct a team of Clinical Account Managers (CAMs) to grow Karius’ test volume and revenue by expanding business in existing accounts and by securing business from new accounts.
- Help establish the foundation and culture of a world-class commercial organization.
- Work closely with senior leadership and Marketing to collaborate on business initiatives and approved marketing programs, provide feedback on market conditions and field sales marketing programs.
- Provide input on the development and implementation of sales training strategies, plans and processes to support commercial goals.
- Develop and implement regional business plans, manage regional budgets and maintain overall responsibility of action plans for the [X] Region.
- Create a deep understanding of Karius’s technology and science to train and develop team of CAMs.
- Responsible for goal- and target- setting, reviewing performance metrics with each CAM to ensure sales team is achieving maximum results.
- Monitor accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other analytical intelligence.
- Prepare and present Regional Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with key customers and thought leaders through personal contacts while working with the field.
- Co-travel with CAMs to remain knowledgeable on customer needs and address issues if necessary.
Ensure that all actions, and those of your team both internally and through vendors working on our behalf, are in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies and demonstrate Company values.
Travel (Local and Regional):
- Up to 70%
- Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is generally performed remotely in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college; advanced degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of sales/business development experience in Life Sciences / Biotech, Medical Device, Diagnostic Equipment, and/or Pharmaceutical industries with at least 3 years in management, preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Proven track record in introducing transformational, novel products or services to physicians and hospitals which have changed clinical practice prior to significant peer-reviewed publications or inclusion in guidelines for support.
- Strong vision to build out regional area within a fast-moving environment. Successful track record in hiring, managing and developing direct reports.
- Ability to set priorities, allocate resources, take accountability and achieve results.
- Excellent business acumen combined with outstanding analytical aptitude and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to develop relationships from C-level executives to physicians and lab directors, building credibility through subject matter and industry expertise.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and is comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, growth-oriented environment.
- Strong presentation acumen and negotiation skills, ability to manage and facilitate engaging discussions with both small and large groups.
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, confidentiality and ability to build trusting and professional relationships.
- Passionate about the mission and reputation of Karius while investing in the culture as the company grows.