aMoon is a leading Israeli venture capital. We invest in companies that are accelerating cures for the world’s most life-threatening conditions and providing solutions for global healthcare’s biggest cost drivers. Our mission is to identify, invest, and drive growth in companies of all development stages across biopharmaceutical, device, and digital technologies.
aMoon Alpha Research, Director is responsible for researching and analyzing scientific/clinical data and related industry information, tracking and measuring industry and business trends, producing visually compelling business intelligence reporting (maps, dashboards, etc), drawing and communicating key insights and delivering strategic recommendations for investment and Alpha teams. This is a highly impactful role where the insights provided will directly impact aMoon investment strategy development and portfolio optimization.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
• Design and build analytical tools, reports, maps and models that enable key insights of market/industry opportunities.
• Undertake in-depth analysis of primary research, business opportunities, trends and insights from internal and external data sources.
• Gain solid understanding of current data sources, organizational workflow, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats to analyze and deliver actionable insights and tracking tools.
• Translate research and analyses into actionable insights for each fund and Alpha team.
• Develop, maintain and grow the library of Business Intelligence reports and insights for executive and weekly meeting review.
• Design and develop the company BI and data analysis infrastructure.
• Design and build visualizations and reporting solutions utilizing relevant BI software and tools.
• Participate in weekly investment review and portfolio team meeting and present weekly business intelligence information.
• Assist with commercial diligence (market / competitor analysis) as required
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Business, Healthcare Informatics or related subject
• Healthcare industry knowledge and experience
• Experience with data visualization, data analytics and building BI dashboards
• Experience in creating visual presentations, graphic insights and reports
• High level of proficiency in Excel and relevant BI tools
• Knowledge of SQL / Python
• Solid understanding of the proper application of statistics
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Valuation analysis, public company filings research advantageous
• Management consulting experience advantageous
• Inquisitive attitude towards problem finding, problem analysis and problem solving
• Business acumen combined with analytic and strategic thinking
• Alignment with our core values (excellence, accountability, teamwork, transparency, integrity and respect)