Who we are
Our purpose at aMoon is to accelerate cures for the world’s most life-threatening conditions and providing solutions for global healthcare’s biggest cost drivers. Our mission is to identify, invest, and drive growth in companies of all development stages across biopharmaceutical, device, and digital technologies.
You will be at the heart of aMoon investment engine driving key investment process activities to support scientific and business diligence for a selection of investment opportunities. Associates work in multiple projects, in a team based and fast paced environment performing screening of investment opportunities and undertaking detailed due diligence assignments.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Conduct scientific and commercial diligence on potential investment opportunities.
• Sourcing of opportunities (from conferences, connections and deep industry knowledge)
• Conduct initial screening based on science, financials and market need.
• Conduct comprehensive diligence including deep analysis of the technology, business model, market, and financial aspects of the deal.
• Review preclinical, clinical and commercial research to help screen for the best investment opportunities.
• Conduct interviews with KOLs and clinical experts to develop insights regarding unmet medical needs and to assess the relative strength of the product/technology relative to the competition.
• Work with science and business analysts and other members of the team to develop and sharpen investment insights.
• Use primary and secondary sources as well as proprietary databases to support our investment research.
• Perform competitive analysis (in-depth scientific research, benchmarking /, company and product-specific research).
• Support the preparation of investment materials (preliminary analyses, investment memos, clinical/regulatory analysis).
• Develop, support, justify, and present investment thesis and investment ideas to the fund’s senior leadership.
• Review and update deal flow databases.
• Assist the board members in our portfolio companies to prepare for board meetings and work with Alpha team to add value to the companies.
We are looking for the following Experience & Qualifications:
• MD or PhD degree
• Ivy League MBA degree or 2-4 years of experience in a top consulting or banking firm
• Experience in healthcare
• Ability to concisely convey complicated scientific and technical info to a non-technical audience
• Excellent written / verbal proficiency in English
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent teamwork and strong interpersonal skills