Mammoth Biosciences is an early-stage venture-backed biotechnology company located in South San Francisco, California.
Company Mission: We are creating the CRISPR platform that will democratize diagnostics, allowing everyone on earth to manage and make informed choices about the health of themselves and their families quickly, affordably, and easily.
Mammoth Biosciences is looking for a Bioinformatician to join our research team. The successful candidate will work closely with wet-lab scientists and data engineers to analyze and collect data. They will help develop pipelines to support the analysis of NGS data and work with scientists on the team to develop CRISPR-specific tools. Previous experience with high-throughput screening experimental design and data analysis is highly desired.
- Build and work with pipelines to analyze NGS data (RNAseq, WGS, amplicon, metagenomics, etc.) and enable the use of these pipelines for research team members
- Develop computational tools that leverage Mammoth’s diverse CRISPR portfolio
- Apply statistical and machine-learning approaches to sequencing analysis
- Think creatively about NGS data generation and analysis
- Establish and manage databases in coordination with data engineers
- Collaborate closely with R&D scientists to lead high-throughput studies from conception to data analysis
- Ph.D. in statistics/Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry or a related field with a record of high-throughput data analysis
- 3+ years of experience in bioinformatics
- Proficient with Python and R for analysis and data visualization
- Experience with generating pipelines for analyzing NGS (RNAseq, WGS, amplicon, etc.)
- Experience with high-throughput screening in bacterial and mammalian systems
- Experience with CRISPR preferred
- Experience working with metagenomic databases
- Self-motivated, with a demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Nice to have: Experience with R/Shiny web app development
- Nice to have: Biostatistics background and experience with DOE
- Nice to have: Experience working on cloud services such as AWS