You will be at the heart of aMoon investment engine driving key investment process activities to support scientific diligence for a selection of investment opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct scientific and clinical diligence on potential investment opportunities in the medtech, pharma and digital health fields.
- Take active part in sourcing for Velocity Fund, by proactively seeking relevant investment opportunities and technologies, in Israel and abroad.
- Conduct initial screening of investment opportunities (including developmental stage, target market, regulatory pathway, IP, differentiation from competitors) and fit to aMoon investment criteria
- Provide initial thoughts, considering scientific/business knowledge and past knowledge of the space in which an opportunity is related to.
- Conduct primary research (calls to KOLs, regulatory and reimbursement specialists) and secondary research
- Undertake detailed review of the technology/product, clinical/regulatory plan, future funding
- Create presentations to explain the potential of the investment
- Write investment memorandum
- Assist board member/ portfolio support team where needed
- Prepare materials and key questions before board meetings
We are looking for the following Experience & Qualifications:
• PhD in a life sciences or related field, Post doc preferred
• 2-4 years of professional research experience, which could be within academia, clinical research, companies
• Background in medical devices, pharma and digital health
• General understanding of regulatory pathways for pharmaceutics and medical devices
• Experience in scientific research writing
• International education or work experience
• Excellent team work and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to concisely convey complicated scientific and technical info to a non-technical audience
• Excellent written / verbal proficiency in English required; intermediate proficiency in Hebrew preferred