Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,000 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turn around time in one business day. By introducing liquid biopsy into the diagnosis of infectious diseases, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
We are looking for a talented Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join our growing Laboratory Operations team on the second shift. The hours are from 12:30 - 9:00 pm. Are you looking for an opportunity to join a small, talent-rich team that is going to change the world of infectious disease detection? Do you crave a way to make a huge impact? Do you like to learn new, challenging things? We should talk.
· Perform highly complex next-generation sequencing on patient specimens, including all steps from specimen processing to data analysis
· Perform quality control and quality assurance procedures
· Comply with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements
· Bring excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
· Be flexible with tasks and schedules and have the ability to work independently in a team environment
· Valid California CLS generalist license, preferably with special ASCP or CA credentials in molecular genetics. CGMBS license isn't applicable
· Working knowledge of relevant laboratory regulations
· Experience with software and automation systems
· At least 1+ year(s) with Masters or 2+ years with Bachelors of experience in highly complex molecular testing
· Experience with high sample volumes, NGS platforms, six sigma, lean manufacturing, GMP/GLP/CLIA/CAP/ISO, and software specification development a plus