Who we are
Our purpose at aMoon is to accelerate cures for the world’s most life-threatening conditions and providing solutions for global healthcare’s biggest cost drivers. Our mission is to identify, invest, and drive growth in companies of all development stages across biopharmaceutical, device, and digital technologies.
You will be at the heart of aMoon investment engine driving key investment process activities to support scientific diligence for a selection of investment opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Conduct scientific and clinical diligence on potential investment opportunities in the biopharma space, primarily in the fields of oncology, CNS, immunology.
• Sourcing of opportunities (from conferences, connections and deep industry knowledge)
• Conduct initial screening based on science, financials and market need.
• Conduct comprehensive diligence including deep analysis of the technology, business model, market, and financial aspects of the deal.
• Review preclinical and clinical research to help screen for the best investment opportunities.
• Conduct interviews with KOLs and clinical experts to develop insights regarding unmet medical needs and to assess the relative strength of the product/technology relative to the competition.
• Work with business analysts and associates and other members of the team to develop and sharpen investment insights.
• Use primary and secondary sources as well as proprietary databases to support our investment research.
• Perform competitive analysis (in-depth scientific research, benchmarking /, company and product-specific research).
• Support the preparation of investment materials (preliminary analyses, investment memos, clinical/regulatory analysis).
• Develop, support, justify, and present investment thesis and investment ideas to the fund’s senior leadership
• Review and update deal flow databases.
• Assist the board members in our portfolio companies to prepare for board meetings and add value to the companies.
We are looking for the following Experience & Qualifications:
• PhD in a life sciences or related field, Post doc preferred
• 2-4 years of professional research experience, which could be within academia, clinical research, companies
• General understanding of regulatory pathways for BLAs, NDAs
• Experience in scientific research writing
• International education or work experience
• Excellent team work and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to concisely convey complicated scientific and technical info to a non-technical audience
• Excellent written / verbal proficiency in English required; intermediate proficiency in Hebrew preferred