VP of Marketing at DayTwo
San Francisco, CA, US
DayTwo is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably balance blood sugar, lower A1C, and reduce weight using food as medicine and leveraging the profile of a patient’s gut-microbiome, without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal.
The VP of Marketing will be responsible for leading the marketing organization focused on B2B enterprise marketing and B2C enrollment marketing supporting the company’s continued growth. This leader will have deep expertise in B2B marketing while serving as the team’s overall leader in an effort to further drive DayTwo’s scale in the payer and employer space. The VP of Marketing will build and execute sustainable and scalable B2B marketing campaigns across all core market segments including employer, payer, channels, and strategic partners.
This role will lead demand generation, marketing enablement, product marketing, and contract creative team, as well as B2C enrollment marketing. This individual must have commensurate executive presence required to lead marketing and communications efforts in such a way as to expand DayTwo’s brand awareness with existing and potential clients and partners, and elevate the understanding of digital health with the public and legislative bodies.
The VP of Marketing will also be a driver of the company's commercial strategy, leveraging expertise in the healthcare space and sensitivity to healthcare data by understanding the complexity of the employer, payer, channel, and partner markets. Importantly, s/he must be an exceptional team-builder and collaborator internally with other departments. The VP of Marketing is a key member of the executive leadership team.
- Provide executive leadership with a focus on establishing functional scale necessary to support rapid commercial growth
- Lead B2B enterprise marketing, B2C enrollment marketing as well as Demand Generation and build in-house Brand and Creative teams
- Focus on developing B2B marketing core competence of the organization through best practices, talent development while optimizing enterprise marketing strategy
- Develop a comprehensive brand strategy that effectively tells the DayTwo story with best-in-class marketing initiatives grounded in insights across multiple segments
- Develop and implement strategies to expand the company’s reach through strong value propositions and differentiators for each target audience which are incorporated in a holistic way into sales messaging, omnichannel marketing, trade shows, events, thought leadership, Public Relations and tracking of outcomes
- Instill best practices marketing processes including the identification and implementation of key measurements and KPIs to demonstrate marketing effectiveness and ROI, delivering accountability and transparency in reporting across the organization
- Provide executive leadership of marketing, PR, brand and creative teams, pushing boundaries to deliver innovative marketing solutions coupled with flawless execution
- Translate strategy into targeted sales collateral directed at both current and potential clients
- Build scalable partner marketing programs that provide partners with the tools and knowledge required to represent DayTwo as effectively as its own sales executives do, targeting benefits consultants, health plans and healthcare partners.
- Develop B2C marketing programs that accelerate the sales cycle by educating employers, health plans and participants about the value and ROI of DayTwo’s programs
- Serve as the voice of the customer (employers, health plans, payers) and participant, using insights to drive marketing strategy and programs
- Take a leadership role in establishing a collaborative partnership with the Commercial team to ensure alignment between sales and marketing across messaging, tools, and collateral
- Cultivate and maintain long term relationships with key influencers, industry thought leaders, customers, prospective customers, and critical strategic partners
- Provide leadership to company through a deep understanding of the healthcare landscape
- Work closely with the President, CEO and Board of Directors
Performance & Success Measures
- Marketing effectiveness measured through ROI
- Refined B2B brand and marketing strategy impacting corporate and product positioning
- Implementation of processes and infrastructure impacting marketing efficiency
- Establish strong collaborative relationship with Commercial organization
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred
- At least 15 years of executive-level marketing leadership driving significant growth and revenue in a high-growth, SaaS HCIT environment
- Expertise in employer, payer, channel and partner marketing in the world of healthcare technology and services
- Understands enrollment marketing (B2C)
- Results oriented, proven track record delivering marketing strategies that drive significant growth and revenue in a high-growth, SaaS HCIT environment
- Possess the presence and intellectual strength to influence and align internal stakeholders around best-in-class marketing and go-to-market strategies
- Demonstrated success in creating close alliances with Commercial organization (sales development, employer and health plan sales, alliances, customer success and commercial operations) as well as other key operational stakeholders, also ensuring that marketing team is operating effectively with other important parts of the organization
- A hands on, servant leader who can strategize on the executive level and can also flawlessly execute complex marketing activities.
- Confident self-starter known for establishing strong, trusted relationships with executives, who engenders confidence and provides significant thought leadership
- Decisive, inspirational leader who can drive decision-making in a collaborative environment
- Experienced building and managing a team of marketing professionals
- Has the bandwidth and intellectual capacity to lead and upskill a B2B marketing team through introduction of best practices, greater levels of accountability and individual contributions
- Inspires people through knowledge and marketing expertise, an impressive track record of accomplishment and an open, ego-less personal style that engenders followership.
- Savvy in using data to deliver positive ROI, making decisions based on analytics and data to drive marketing efficiencies, effectiveness and collaboration.
- Exceptional leadership with a strong coaching/mentorship-style. Ability to successfully lead multiple cross-functional and remote teams aligning with a common vision and objectives
- Very high EQ. Must have the emotional intelligence to work in a collaborative decision making culture as well as strong business acumen and maturity
- C-Suite and executive-level engagement and communication skills. Able to articulate and deliver clear and concise messages internally and externally with excellent presentation skills
- Ability to constantly assess market developments, trends and other shifts and work with other executives and the Board to align growth plans
- Thrives in a dynamic start-up environment with change and ambiguity
- Willingness to travel
Benefits & Perks
Health, dental, and vision
Paid Time Off
Walkable to BART