Lab Technician – Microbiome sequencing lab at DayTwo
DayTwo is the leading Microbiome-Based Precision Medicine company, developing personalized nutrition, diagnostic, and therapeutic solutions using artificial intelligence and machine learning. We are currently establishing a unique lab that will have an unprecedented ability for processing and sequencing the human microbiome.
Our lab location is at Rehovot.
- In the lab, we focus on next generation sequencing of gut microbiota using an entirely automated pipeline. All the team members are trained to operate on all aspects of the process. The daily work includes the following:
- High throughput sample processing for next generation sequencing including DNA extraction and Illumina library preparation, QC for all DNA products. All steps performed on automated platforms. Operating Illumina sequencers.
- Responsibility for samples accessioning and storage management, work with information management system (e.g. LIMS).
- Developing and improving processes, procedures and product quality.
- Managing orders and inventory reports.
- Taking part in establishing a unique sequencing lab.
Skills & Requirements
- Knowledge in molecular biology techniques and in particular of DNA extraction and relevant quality control methods, Illumina library preparation methods for next generation sequencing and experience in the operation of Illumina sequencers.
- Excellent laboratory skills, including proficiency in multi-pipetting, reagent handling, sample storage and results documentation.
- High attention to details. Precision and accuracy in lab work.
- Experience in working with hundreds of biological samples in parallel
- Team player, self-learner
- Education: M.Sc in life sciences or B.Sc in life sciences with experience
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years in a molecular biology lab, work high-throughput methods.
- Good understanding of automated systems and the ability to match and develop automated pipelines for changing requirements
- Experienced in working with microbiome samples.
- Experience in developing new protocols and protocols improvements
- Certified as clinical lab employee