Current Opening is for two roles, both customer-centric. One more focused on product management and the second one more focused on market development and content. Both positions are complementary; hence the attributes below apply to both. Please state your strengths and preference in a recommended cover letter.
At Seer, we are passionate about empowering our customers to expand scientific discoveries and achieve exceptional scientific outcomes. Our team is growing quickly as we develop innovative approaches to solve complex biological questions. And we believe the next frontier in biology is enabled through a clearer and more complete view of the proteome – something that Seer can uniquely deliver. As we build our team, we are looking for collaborative, driven, intellectually curious people who are committed to solving complex challenges. Our culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork, because we believe that this enables the kind of breakthrough thinking that will accelerate our mission.
The Role & Team
The Senior Product Manager is accountable for end to end lifecycle management and commercialization for the Proteograph product line, reporting to the Sr. Director, Product Management & Marketing. This position will collaborate closely with our commercial team, product development team, and data scientists to define launch strategies, build launch plans, and deliver a product experience that will delight customers. Seer’s Senior Product/Marketing Managers will be key contributors to the commercial success of Seer’s Proteograph solution at launch, as well as to the ongoing competitive differentiation of our future portfolio.
As a member of the marketing team this role contributes to outbound marketing content, campaigns and strategy, works with customers and KOL’s to ensure their success and showcase the use of Seer products, and supports the sales team by building and maintaining tools to help scale commercial efforts.
The role will be based on-site in Redwood City.
Responsibilities & Goals
Key areas of responsibility and attention will include:
- Market analysis and strategy: Understand global market dynamics, segments and opportunities, including pricing strategy, competitive strategy, and go to market strategy.
- Product portfolio management: Manage products through their lifecycle, understanding product portfolio links to segment and gaining additional product knowledge through market and customer surveillance.
- Market development: Deploy programs to enhance market adoption of Seer technology, working with KOLs, societies and conferences to showcase scientific impact.
- Customer insight development: Understand current and future customer states, leverage this knowledge to define user needs/customer requirements.
- Customer relationship management: Lead and facilitate product field testing, customer collaborations and customer facing programs.
- Technical expertise: Become a product expert and knowledge point for customers and sales staff and internal constituents.
- Content marketing: Contribute to the development of segment and product related training, tools and content, including product literature and presentations, website and digital marketing content.
- Data driven approach: Use business savvy and quantitative information to advocate for the customer, drive good business decisions and enhance the product experience.
This list highlights major areas of focus and areas of effort, but as a marketer in a small team and a dynamic company environment, these job responsibilities can expand and flex at management’s request.
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Senior Product Manager will be a self-starter with a demonstrated record of success in a fast moving, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have experience assessing market opportunities, working closely with customers, and driving commercialization activities in the life sciences industry. Candidates must have strong entrepreneurial orientation, excellent communication skills, the ability to lead cross-functional team efforts and a commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- Bachelors+ in science with 5-7 years life Sciences industry experience; Masters or PhD preferred
- Proven track record as a product champion with demonstrated commercial impact
- Solid understanding of proteomics/genomics technologies and applications, ability to broaden knowledge to adjacent products (Non-negotiable)
- Demonstrated success building successful customer relationships and collaborations
- Understanding of and experience participating in the product development process
- Experience developing effective sales tools and training that drive results, direct sales or support experience a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with modern digital marketing practices and metrics
- Strategic thinking with a bias for action, able to champion complex problems and projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent presentation skills
- Willing to travel 25% (once travel restrictions lift)
We offer competitive compensation benefits, but more importantly the opportunity to work with a world-class team to build transformative products and change the field of life sciences research. In addition, as an early hire for our marketing team, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting and personal imprint on a rapidly growing company with an important mission.
See Yourself at Seer?
Submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.