Seer is building a world-class team of data experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of data engineering, data science, and software engineering to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Seer is seeking a Software Test Engineer/Senior Software Test Engineer to join as a founding members of the software test team to test and qualify Seer’s customer analytical software products. The ideal candidate will have significant relevant software test engineering experience and a track record of accomplishments in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. This role requires a strong entrepreneurial orientation and highly developed team skills. The successful candidate is expected to have a background in computer science or bioinformatics with at least 5 years industry experience. Direct experience with proteomics is highly advantageous but not required.
This role will be based on-site in Redwood City (Redwood Shores).
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Understand product requirements and specifications
- Develop product test strategy, test plan and test resource estimation.
- Develop and execution of test cases, test results aggregation and reporting.
- Monitor test activities and progress reporting.
- Drive test automation strategy and implementation.
- Document and implement test processes, test procedures and best practices.
- Lead and mentor junior software test engineers.
- Interact with software dev team to drive continuous improvement in productivity and quality.
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position will ideally have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in the life sciences industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience testing and releasing scalable software products in a cloud environment. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) in relevant discipline such as computer science or bioinformatics. Further graduate degree preferred.
- Ambitious, results driven, highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience. Biotech start-up experience preferred.
- Extensive experience testing Cloud hosted software, preferable life science analytics software platforms. Familiar with security, performance and concurrency requirements and test strategies.
- Extensive experience testing life science data analysis tools, user interface and pipelines.
- Extensive experience preparing test data sets and management of test data sets.
- Experience with software product life cycles from product ideation to product release.
- Experience with Agile software development process.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication.
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals.
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.