At Seer, our mission is to transform biological and clinical research by providing proteomic information at a scale and depth of content that has not been achieved before. Through our technology platform called the Proteograph(TM), our team is focused on developing innovative reagents, instrumentation and data analysis products for researchers, that will enable transformative applications in the basic, translational and clinical research fields. We are supported in our mission by experienced and accomplished scientists, professionals, board members, and leading healthcare investors.
Would you like to take part in creating innovative new products that can transform how scientists think about their research? Do you aspire to enable scientist customers to design and perform experiments that they can only imagine today? Are you looking to build a world class product and customer support team to provide exceptional and differentiated service to leading researchers in academia and industry? Do you thrive in an environment of cross-functional disciplines and innovation?
As Leader of Customer and Product Support for Seer, you are accountable for designing the customer and product support strategy and building the needed support infrastructure in time for our first product launch in 2021. You’ll collaborate closely with our commercial team, product development team, and data scientists to define our customer support strategy, build the customer support infrastructure, and deliver technical support that will delight our researcher customers, as they adopt and use our reagents, instrument and data analysis system, that we believe will ultimately address multi-billion dollar market opportunities. You will be responsible for building the customer support team including field applications specialists, service engineers, and product support experts that will leverage their experience in life sciences/proteomics/genomics research to help match customer research goals to platform capabilities; and provided the necessary customer training, installation, support and troubleshooting. You will be a key contributor to the commercial success of Seer’s reagent and instrument products at launch, as well as to the ongoing competitive differentiation of our future products.
Your goals will include:
• Drive the success of our early technology access program with customers, working with Seer’s commercial leadership
• Develop an overall customer support strategy for our system of reagents, instrumentation and software, from initial product launch onwards
• Build the customer support organization and infrastructure, including defining the coverage model for field applications specialists and service engineers, defining requirements for the online portal for customer service, and developing the internal company processes for escalation and resolution of customer issues
• Work with commercial leaders to develop specific customer support plans for different segments, including defining customer service value proposition, pricing for customer service, and tiering of customer service
• Build the tactical tools for technical support, including training materials for customers and for Seer support and commercial staff
• Work with commercial leaders to define the overall customer experience strategy, and how support can be a competitive differentiator
• Develop and coordinate an external network of customers to help you define, refine and drive customer support strategy at Seer
• Work with commercial and R&D teams to identify and pursue new customer service and support approaches and enabling technologies
• Effectively and actively gather and relay customer feedback to Field Sales, Applications, and Marketing/Product Management to optimize the customer experience using our technology
At Seer, we believe that we need people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences, as part of our high-performance culture. We require that people continually challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives, data, and creative ideas. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive environment for all employees.
Seer is a fantastic place to be an entrepreneur. If you excel in dynamic environments where people are committed to developing transformative products, customer value, and large and growing markets, this is the role for you.
We’d love to hear from you if:
• You have 10+ years of experience in customer service in the life sciences arena; experience in proteomics markets a plus
• You have a strong understanding of research customers in academia and industry, as demonstrated by your contributions to product development and/or marketing
• You hold a Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant scientific or technical field, e.g. molecular biology, cancer biology, protein chemistry, genetics
• You have a demonstrated ability to foster deep and lasting professional relationships with customers and industry KOLs
• You thrive in an environment of high-performance teams
We offer competitive compensation benefits, but more importantly the opportunity to work with a world-class team to build transformative products and change the field of life sciences research. In addition, as an early hire for our commercial team, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting and personal imprint on a rapidly growing company with high aspirations. Come join us!