Seer is building a world-class team of nanotechnology experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of proteomics to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Associate Director of Process Development, we are seeking an exceptional Engineer to join our team based in our Redwood City office. Experience synthesizing nanoparticles and scaling such complex processes is highly desired. The role requires skills including particle synthesis, surface modification, and incorporates both organic and inorganic chemistry.
Seer’s new Engineer will be empowered to assist in the scale-up and manufacture of critical components of our platform. The ideal candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in chemistry or materials science with at least 1 year of experience in industry.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
• Support lab activities for synthesizing and scaling nanoparticles and other biosensor samples
• Maintain and operate laboratory equipment including balances, reactors, filtration equipment, and particle sizers
• Support the company’s interactions with contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMOs) to source and characterize nanoparticles
• Organize, evaluate, and communicate data in an effective and scientific manner
Background & Qualifications
The candidate should have experience designing and executing protocols in a chemistry or process development lab. Experience with process reproducibility and scale-up is strongly desired. Some knowledge and experience with statistical design of experiments and analysis of results is a plus. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and a commitment the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
• College or advanced degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science, or related field; ideally with a focus on nanoparticle synthesis and/or surface modifications
• Knowledge and understanding of laboratory terminology, high quality documentation skills, and good laboratory practices
• Mechanically inclined with ‘hands on’ experience in a laboratory setting
• Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in timely and cross-functional communication
• Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
• Must work well in a small team setting, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
We encourage you to submit your resume below or send to Careers@seer.bio. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.