Seer is building a world-class team of formulations experts passionate about developing cutting-edge technologies. We are rapidly growing a diverse team that is committed to pushing the limits of the field to discover new insights into biology and improve the lives of patients. Do you have the drive and talent to solve challenging questions as a member of a high-performance team? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and value a team-oriented company culture?
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Associate Director of Formulations, we are seeking an exceptional Research Associate to join our Formulations team based in our Redwood City office. This role is well suited for the individual that is eager to have hands-on opportunities to learn a variety of materials synthesis strategies while directly contributing to the success of our fast-paced team.
Seer’s new Formulations Research Associate will be responsible for fundamental laboratory organization activities, including inventory, stocking, and the cleaning of laboratory glassware. The ideal candidate will have a track record of accomplishments in academia or in the life sciences/pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in chemistry or materials science with 1 year of experience in nanomaterial characterization.
Responsibilities & Goals
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
- Laboratory organization – stocking, inventory and cleaning of laboratory glassware
- Support our characterization efforts and execute standard characterization protocols (DLS, XPS, TEM)
- Assist with materials synthesis, helping to set up reactions and purify synthesized materials
- Implementing standard operating procedures for current materials
- Effectively present data internally to other Seer scientists and technologists
- Enable the efficient operation of our fast-paced laboratory
- Execute standard SOPs reliably
- Proficiency in sample prep methods for materials characterization
- Work with the broader Formulations team in the development of cutting-edge materials
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Formulations Research Associate must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or the life sciences industry. Industry experience, including the implementation of SOPs and testing in support of advanced materials for biological applications, is strongly desired. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
Key requirements include:
- A BS or MS in chemistry or materials science
- Experience with standard nanomaterials characterization strongly preferred (i.e. TEM, XPS, DLS, FTIR).
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
- You are a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- You are a go-getter and ready to seize an entry level position and demonstrate capability for advancement