Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,000 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turnaround time in one business day. By unlocking the information present in microbial cell-free DNA, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
Our Clinical Laboratory Associate is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the Karius laboratory. The Clinical Laboratory Associate ensures efficient operations of the laboratory and communications with Client Services in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate should have experience with Next-Generation Sequencing, lab automation and production testing environment; however, alternative experience will be considered.
This is a full-time position. Hours are Tuesday through Saturday 7:00am – 3:30pm.
· Assist in the day-to-day operations of a clinical laboratory
· Perform duties as assigned according to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in LIS or batch records
· Accurately accession samples into the LIS system
· Assist Client Services in resolving all documentation issues related to clinical samples
· Stocking and Inventory of laboratory reagents and materials
· Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
· Compliance with laboratory safety regulations
· 2-year Associate or BA/BS degree in biology, chemistry, or related science preferred
· Excellent troubleshooting abilities, strong verbal and written communication skills
· Familiarity or prior experience in a clinical testing environment preferred
· Strong attention to detail
· Laboratory automation experience preferred